The following constitutes The Asian Composers League ‘s policy regarding the handling of personal information that it currently possesses, or might obtain in the future:
1. The Asian Composers League respects the privacy of its customers, and business and other contacts, and is therefore committed to safeguarding any personal information that is provided to it.
2. The Asian Composers League will only collect such personal information that is necessary in order to pursue its core activities.
3. The Asian Composers League will not sell, rent or trade personal information to or with third parties, except under the following circumstances:
i. Unless informed otherwise, The Asian Composers League may disclose contact details to venues and promoters so that they can forward promotional material about upcoming events and activities.
ii. The Asian Composers League may disclose contact details to third party contractors and service providers who help it to operate, but only where the use of such information relates specifically to The Asian Composers League ‘s core activities.
iii. The Asian Composers League may disclose contact details where required by law, or permitted under global Privacy laws.
4. The Asian Composers League will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses, and discloses is secure, accurate, complete and up to date.
5. The Asian Composers League will make all reasonable efforts to ensure the security of the personal information it collects. Such information will only be accessed by authorised Asian Composers League personnel for purposes relating to the activities of the organisation. Such persons are required to treat personal information held by The Asian Composers League as confidential, and to maintain the confidentiality of that personal information.
6. The Asian Composers League may at times collect personal information about individuals who are not customers, such as where it collects the name and business contact details of a person who is the contact in a government agency or company with whom it deals. The Asian Composers League ‘s policy is to only use personal information collected from non-customers for the purpose for which it was collected.
7. Under global Privacy laws, a person has the right to seek access to information that The Asian Composers League holds about them, and the right to ask for the correction of information that is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date. Where a request is made for details of personal information held by The Asian Composers League , this must be made in writing, and verification of an individual’s identity will be required in the form of a copy of a current driver’s license or passport (to be returned once identity has been verified). A print-out of the relevant personal information from The Asian Composers League ‘s database will then be provided, or where relevant, photocopies of information stored in paper files. The Asian Composers League may decline to provide access to personal information where it is permitted to do so under the global Privacy laws.
8. The Asian Composers League will handle personal information collected via the Internet consistently with the way that it handles personal information collected from other sources.
9. The Asian Composers League ‘s web site may contain links to third party web sites, and where a person accesses a non-Asian Composers League web site via one of these links, The Asian Composers League will not be responsible for the privacy practices of that site.
11. The Asian Composers League will make this policy available to anyone who requests it, whether at its offices or by use of its web site.